Re: [ga]ccTLD Rights

Jeff, and all,

You make some wonderful observations here Jeff. We are speaking very case sensitive
and relevant matters here so it is important that it be understood that when I
speak everyone understands it is only from doing public research on the Internet
and I in no way am speaking for the wonderful sovereign entity of Vietnam.  Mr.
Probst brought out a good point regarding confusion using the vnnic.com handle.
Not for the reasons he spoke of, but better ones. Those must be discussed
elsewhere. Although it must be understood my passion and exuberance for Vietnam is
as a standard outside American. We are a company and Vietnam is a country that can
adapt to public desire and make corrections, thank you Mr. Probst for all your help
on and off line.

Jeff Williams wrote:

> > I do not blame Hi-Tek for that.
> > New regulations concerning the Internet should be out soon. According to
> > VNPT's (Vietnam Post and Telecom) website (i.e. as closest as you can get)
> > they are not yet out. We will see, what the new regulations allow, and what
> > not.
>
>   Again my understanding is that new regulations are out, just not publicly
> posted anywhere yet...

Yes and no! by going to our site the first and only banners that pop up are to
Official Sites, go to the great Consulate site and after looking around go to links
and if you try you will find some Planning and Investment Sites which are
educational.  In there you can find all of the Government documents you need to
understand this situation, Vietnam is becoming much more open and transparent than
ICANN.

> > >The registry makes that decision.
> >
> > Actually no. The registry is only carrying out decisions of the relevant
> > ministries.
> >
> > >They do not need a dispute policy, most ccTLDs say they abide by
> > >rulings of courts of competent jurisdiction over the registry or the
> > >registrant, and that's it.  This UDRP nonsense in gTLDs is something
> > >supralegal that shouldn't be encouraged for ccTLDs to use.
> >
> > I don't agree, since jurisdictions in most developing countries would
> > probably be unable to resolve any problems, because there are no laws to
> > cover those issues. Besides that lots of other problems.
>
>   What other problems?  Can you be a bit more specific?

The only one that I know of is that;  Most people do not understand the marvelous
potential of the great Country of Vietnam and are stuck in the past.  If we compare
Vietnam to "western" States we find their level of cooperation higher and the "red
tape" equal.  But I do have to say I am jaded as I love the land and the people
because of their great attitude.

Sincerely,
Eric