Re: [ga] Nomination for representative to the NC Review TF - Eric Dierker (fwd)

At 22:29 26.6.2001 -0700, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Stefan and all assembly members,
>
>Stefan Probst wrote:
>
> > Dear Jeff,
> >
> > I am not sure, whether this is the right venue to discuss .vn issues.
>
>I am quite sure it is not.  My original response on this thread was made
>to you, Eric, Thomas, Lee ect..  privately.  You choose to post it
>to this forum.

I did answer to your posts privately. However, before I received them, I
made a short statement to the list, saying, that the .vn ccTLD is not to be
launched within a few days, but in fact up and running since years.
You responded to that post and thus it was continuing here on this list. I
did not drag this thread to the list, but merely continuing it.

>If any forum is a good one for this sort of exchange
>it would be the ga-roots@dnso.org Forum.  However sense you choose
>to again respond on this forum I am obliged to respond as well here.

OK, let's stop this "escalation" here on the list. Everybody interested,
pls. announce it, and we'll do a c/c list.

> > I forwarded the URLs and the mails to some other people who are working on
> > the Net in Vietnam, and their comments were much more harsh than mine. An
> > absolutely misleading domain like "vnnic.com" for somebody who maybe
> > provides some SW for the registry, or will be a future registrar or
> > whatever, is IMHO everything else than honest business behaviour.
>
>Whom exactly did you send the URL's you mention to?  E-Mail addresses please.

It is meanwhile posted (forwarded by somebody else) to the "[VN IT
discussion group]" <vnit-l@coombs.anu.edu.au>.
This list contains people who are in development and/or IT in Vietnam. It
is not yet put on "[VN IT I discussion group]" <vniti-l@coombs.anu.edu.au>,
a list for internet techies in Vietnam (techies of several ISPs and
others). On the latter list we helped e.g. the VDC people to sort out their
messy DSN setup last year. Both lists run on a server of Rob Hurle.

>I also do not see any business behavior on the part of vnnic.com or
>hi-tek.com thus far.  If you could be a bit more specific please?

What does the domain "vnnic.com" imply? Since when does a contracted
marketing company assume the name of the marketed product?
You judge.

> > I still don't know what hi-tek is really doing.
>
>   Yes this seems obvious to me...  Thank you for admitting it...

If their website would be more about detailled facts, not so much about
wishful dreaming (at least as of this time), I would know better....
For now I have to live on the bits and pieces, which I get from your/their
mails and from their websites.

Rgds.
Stefan