Re: [ga] Nomination for representative to the NC Review TF -Eric Dierker (fwd)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 05:13:29PM -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
[...]

> The tightest privacy in the world. In large part due to the marvelous contributions
> of Ms. Lane on this list.  Also Mr. Williams assisted me in drafting the provisions
> to keep it in line with international treaties and the pending 200+ page Bilateral
> Trade Agreement.

Are you referring to Jeff Williams? I wonder if you could elaborate on
the help he gave you?

> We will be developing a voluntary Domain Name Dispute Resolution
> Policy on line on a site attached to our engine.  It will be an 100% open and
> transparent process. Obviously we will be complying with any valid court or
> government orders.  There will be no reverse hijacking.

Interesting.

> you further wrote;
> On-line credit-card payments need https protocol, which includes
>
> > encryption. Encryption is by the letter of the rules usually illegal (all
> > the customers would need a permission). Will Hi-Tek get the rules changed
> > first, or just produce again another factum which defies the rules?
>
> Well it looks like by this point in your writing you were starting to get the big
> picture. Yes I am by trade a Policy Analyst that has been forced by circumstance to
> become an Internet Strategist, who by his thesis in government regulations of
> speech issues, obtained his Juris Doctorate in 1983.

Just curious -- where was it you got your doctorate?

[...]

> The term launch comes from the idea of launching a Military Campaign.  It is used
> for marketing campaigns and we will launch ours tommorrow.   Mr.
> Williams was absolutely right on this issue.

Yes, Mr Williams sets an outstanding example.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be