[ga] Re: ICANN leaves no money for public elections

Chris and all,

  How come I am not surprised.  This is one way in which to insure that
there is no representation by stakeholders at large.  So it seems that
our [INEGRoup's] earlier predictions on the ICANN Membership
study were justified.  There basically will not be any.

Chris Chiu wrote:

> In its draft budget for 2001-2002, the Internet Corporation for Assigned
> Names and Numbers has not allocated any funds for At-Large Elections, in
> spite of its past promises to choose at least five more Board members
> through this electoral process.
>
> See
> http://www.internetdemocracyproject.org/#highlights
>
> Sincerely,
> Christopher Chiu
> Global Internet Liberty Campaign Organizer
> American Civil Liberties Union
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827