[ga] Steam

Good move, Roeland.  Lesson learned, and don't we all, every day.
The consequences of such lapses (absent a recognition of the event
such as your email here) can perhaps best be illustrated by the Joop
- WXW battle.  Joop indicated that there were (some number) of
adherents to the IDNO who favored formation of a constituency for
individual domain name holders; William referred to (some number) of
people who opposed the IDNO but yet also favored formation of a
constituency for individual domain name holders -- so what's the
chance of these two groups of people getting together here in the
friently confines of this ga and joining in a common effort to form
such a constituency?  Not much, so long as these acerbic exchanges
continue.

I had once expressed a wish to find out what this dreadful "IDNO
history" was, but I have since changed my mind: in the present
context some things are better not known.  Several people have
expressed the wish never to have the subject come up again, and I
must say I agree, except to the extent that that episode ought also to
serve as a lesson learned.  If either of the parties want to indicate
that there was more to their hassle than that, I, for one, don't want
to hear about it.  I don't filter anybody (well, there IS this one guy),
but my delete button works pretty good.

There's always steam to be let off, but I learned in physics that if one
directs steam properly to a confined piston, there will be done actual
work.

Bill Lovell