Re: [ga] Agenda Item -- Budget

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 23:45 6/05/01 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>

> >>strongly propose that the DNSO's budget be included in ICANN's budget.
> >
> >proceeding in a standard and positive way:
> >
> >1) making this a initial motion so we may see what you formally propose
> >2) some may second you
>
> If the Chair, or, better, Raoul Echeberria or the NCDNHC as a whole, is
> willing to re-formulate this proposal as a proper GA motion, it will have
> my support.

  As it would mine as well...

> >3) Chair may acknowledge
>
> This is really what the GA has been expecting of its Chairs from the moment
> they were elected.

 Be it known that the chair has no other choice to recognize any motion under
proper procedure.

> >4) some oppositions and amendments may be presented
> >5) we try to reduce oppositions and integrate ammendments into a final
> >draft that you can put to a vote
> >6) we come to Stockholm with at least one of the 10 or 20 resolutions I
> >expected to see you make voted from your WG-Review work.
> >

> I agree with this sentiment.
> We have elected our  Chairs in order to be able to move forward. Therefore,
> I am very reluctant in joining anyone criticizing or attacking our Chairs,
> having experienced how this easily leads to complete paralysis of an Assembly.

  Paralysis is sometimes not avoidable.  Should the Chair or the Alt-Chair
be acting in a manner that is not expectable to a number of assembly members
than such an issue needs to be addressed with all due haste and consideration.
Appropriate action will need to be taken so as to eleviate any long term
paralysis rested upon the General Assembly members.

> But I do call on our chairs to start acknowledging the positions on which
> GA members want to move forward and to start measuring the sentiment on
> these positions of the GA as a whole.

  Here here!  And to discontinue or consider changing the direction that
the assembly members have stated or otherwise indicated that are not interested
in going, or proposing agenda's that are or may be of little interest of the
assembly members...

> --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
> the Cyberspace Association and
> the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
> Elected representative.
> http://www.idno.org

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827