Re: [ga] Agenda Item -- Budget

At 23:45 6/05/01 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:

>>strongly propose that the DNSO's budget be included in ICANN's budget.
>
>proceeding in a standard and positive way:
>
>1) making this a initial motion so we may see what you formally propose
>2) some may second you

If the Chair, or, better, Raoul Echeberria or the NCDNHC as a whole, is
willing to re-formulate this proposal as a proper GA motion, it will have
my support.

>3) Chair may acknowledge

This is really what the GA has been expecting of its Chairs from the moment
they were elected.

>4) some oppositions and amendments may be presented
>5) we try to reduce oppositions and integrate ammendments into a final
>draft that you can put to a vote
>6) we come to Stockholm with at least one of the 10 or 20 resolutions I
>expected to see you make voted from your WG-Review work.

I agree with this sentiment.
We have elected our  Chairs in order to be able to move forward. Therefore,
I am very reluctant in joining anyone criticizing or attacking our Chairs,
having experienced how this easily leads to complete paralysis of an Assembly.

But I do call on our chairs to start acknowledging the positions on which
GA members want to move forward and to start measuring the sentiment on
these positions of the GA as a whole.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org