[ga] Call for Motions

Joop Teernstra has properly noted that the Chair should start "acknowledging
the positions on which GA members want to move forward and to start
measuring the sentiment on these positions of the GA as a whole."

In the past, such sentiments were put forth in an ill-defined motion process
that functioned without the benefit of a coherent rule set.  Discussions
have already commenced on the GA-INT list in an effort to remedy this
situation, and I would like to take a moment to express my appreciation to
both William Walsh and to Harald Alvestrand for taking up this issue in the
proper forum.

There are occasions however, when the need to get the job done within a
limited time frame will force one to work in the absence of a formalized
structure.  This is one of those times.  The General Assembly has expressed
a desire to "move forward"; as Chair, I acknowledge this sentiment and will
facilitate such efforts.

The floor is now open for motions.  Over the course of the next two weeks
these motions shall be debated, with a vote on the motions commencing 21
May, results to be posted on 28 May.