Re: [ga] Reply to William

William and all assembly members,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Sotiris,
>
> Saturday, May 05, 2001, 9:10:19 PM, Sotiris wrote:
>
> > "babybows.com" wrote:
>
> >> <snip>.. I am pleased to see that you share the opinions of others on the
> >> ga-list (that
> >> these are individuals that would prefer to work outside of the framework of
> >> the DNSO on other mailing lists is another matter entirely).
>
> > True.
>
> > That you (as Chair of the GA) encouraged others to work outside of the framework
> > of
> > the DNSO on other mailing lists is also another matter entirely...
>
> > With all due respect Mr. Chair, you disappoint.
>
> The unfortunate part is that the current situation will lead to a
> further rift between the GA and the NC as a result of the activist
> nature of the GA chair and alternate chair.

  On this point I would tend to agree.  However, the NC should not do so
even so.  But that is the NC members decision individually I would imagine.

> Just when it looked like Roberto's long standing work to get the NC to
> pay more attention to the GA was starting to pay off.

  Hardly!  ROFLMAO.  Robertos "Work" as you so loosely put it,
was far from being any near responsible for the tiny amount of progress
that was temporarily achieved.  I would credit most of such to
Sotiris.

> I won't respond to his obvious (not to mention sarcastic) baiting
> post, except to point out that there was quite a bit of discussion on
> this very list about how a chair is NOT supposed to be an activist,
> and that chairs are not elected with agendas.

  THe DNSO to date has not had a chair that didn't have an agenda.
This would include the previous chair...

>  The only ones who
> seemed to disagree with this view were, surprise surprise, Danny
> Younger and Patrick Corliss.

  Incorrect.  Many others including myself, and you at times have
also disagreed on this point.

> If only we had had more worthy candidates to choose from.

  We did and still do.  However, the choices folks made were gerrymandered
with mid election, election rule changes.  Joanna point these out along with
one of the other candidates, Eric.

> Roberto, do you mind if we clone you?

  God I hope not!  That would be like cloning Stalin!  Heaven forbid!

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827