Re: [ga] NOTICE - List Monitoring

"William X. Walsh" wrote:

> Hello Patrick,
>
> Saturday, May 05, 2001, 12:33:46 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> > The list monitors have unanimously agreed that persons who have had their
> > posting rights withdrawn should continue their suspension for the remainder
> > of the term imposed by the former list monitor.  This continuing suspension
> > will apply to all of the GA lists.
>
> Please justify this chance in policy. The initial policy, and only one
> posted prior to today, indicated that suspensions were list specific,
> and did not apply universally to all lists.
>
> Why the change in policy without public input?
>
> Or is this the type of "business as usual" "change things as we go"
> behavior we should expect from this activist GA administration?

That's not what it says.  It says if a person was suspended on list a,
and another person on list b and so on, those suspensions (with
regard to ALL lists in which the event occurs), will continue through
a change in list monitor as to the particular list.  Nowhere does it say
that a given suspension is anything other than list specific, although
the wording could certainly have been made less ambiguous.

Bill Lovell