Re: [ga] Complaint

Dear GA full list members:

Please reference:
Link to the submission of the FINAL report of the WG-Review to BoD;
http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?dnsoreview1;3ADB39BF00000043

Please reference:
Cover letter for Final report
http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?dnsoreview1;3ADA116900000039

Please reference:
Last page of WG-Review archives
http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-review/Arc02/mail56.html

Work by the WG-Review members continued on through April 18 until we were cut off from access to the list.  We have since migrated the community of active members (all those wishing to continue to keep the community spirit and efforts alive, to a new mailing list located outside of the official parameters which have been so restrictive.

We, and especially the Chair, Sortiris (and many others including Joanna Lane and Rod Dixon to name only two), put a lot of energy and effort into addressing exactly the issues the GA Chair has raised.  Many of the members of the formerly sanctioned WG-Review should like to know that our efforts did not go un-noticed or under-appreciated.  At minimum, if a new round of efforts are to be made regarding the issues (a primary focus of the report referenced above was the establishment of a new constituency for individual name holders) the report submitted to the Board should be the starting point and due credit to the members involved should be acknowledged.

I fear the effect of the efforts made in the WG-Review, add by the GA in general on a daily basis, is to use-up the energies of interested parties so that they are no longer interested or able to continue to participate in a virtual banging-one's-head-against-a-brick-wall sort of experience.  Status quo preserved!

I do hope all new efforts bear sweet fruit, but personally I see NO HOPE of the DNSO or any other sub-group within ICANN to be fixable from within and certainly not by the disenfranchised, unwashed masses like us.

Sincerely,
Brian Appleby
brian@applebymarketing.com