Re: [ga] Complaint

Brian Appleby wrote:

> Dear GA full list members:
>
> Please reference:
> Link to the submission of the FINAL report of the WG-Review to BoD;
>
> ttp://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?dnsoreview1;3ADB39BF00000043

I don't think this truly final report of the WG -R serves the interests
of the powers that be in the DNSO, so they have conveniently chosen to
ignore it.  Surprise everyone!

<snip>

> I fear the effect of the efforts made in the WG-Review, add by the GA
> in general on a daily basis, is to use-up the energies of interested
> parties so that they are no longer interested or able to continue to
> participate in a virtual banging-one's-head-against-a-brick-wall sort
> of experience.  Status quo preserved!

I think this is becoming more and more apparent the closer one looks.  I
think the next logical step for all of us would be to quit participating
in *ANY* DNSO lists.  We'll see how long they can keep up the sham of
legitimacy without our particiaption for validation and evidence.

> I do hope all new efforts bear sweet fruit, but personally I see NO
> HOPE of the DNSO or any other sub-group within ICANN to be fixable
> from within and certainly not by the disenfranchised, unwashed masses
> like us.

Hoi polloi like you and me...  Fine.   Now, I'm pissed.  The gauntlets
must come off at this point.  I entreat anyone who has any ethical sense
of fair play and justice still floating about on these DNSO Lists to
cease all participation within ICANN.  The @Large Study is already
showing itself as the farce that it is: nobody wants to take part, as
everyone knows the foregone conclusion!!  and who wants to validate
their pathetic cover-up?!

Let's take it to the Net!  Here's an example of how I propose to do so.
My company has, on average, over 1500 visitors per month at
greekphilosophy.com, including 150 email users (when the site finally
opens, we expect to have a great deal more as there are Philosophy /
Classical Studies Departments in practically every university on the
planet!).  Part of my outreach will be to educate the users/visitors of
our company's domains on the issues and developments surrounding domain
name issues.  We have already started... check it out:
http://www.greekphilosophy.com

We must bring ICANN-related issues to critical mass.  At this juncture,
the only way to effectively do this is to work outside ICANN, as the
"insiders" are ignoring us.  Rest assured, the vox populi will drown out
all other voices, it's only a matter of time.

vox populi, vox dei

Sotiris Sotiropoulos