Re: [ga] If I were the DOC.

Kristy McKee wrote:

> I agree with both of you ... and I think it is sad that the USG is so
> willing to allow the most common abusers of market share to control this as
> well... You'd think they would learn; but maybe there is an enormous
> financial benefit to having the telco's own and operate our public works
> for them - too bad there is no benefit to the public to have the telcos own
> and operate our public works.

Remember Teapot Dome? And ABSCAM?  It would at least be worth a
look to see if any of the elements of those frauds entered into the initial
empowerment of NSI and then ICANN as to Teapot Dome, and then the
ill-begotten Anti-Cybersquatting Protection Act as to ABSCAM-type
lobbying.  (One could practically guarantee a pretty tough go of any such
effort, however.)

Bill Lovell