Re[2]: [ga] Help! RE: .biz and .info

Hello Eric,

Saturday, April 28, 2001, 10:39:46 PM, Eric Dierker wrote:
>> Saturday, April 28, 2001, 8:48:54 PM, Eric Dierker wrote:
>> > Is it all right for ICANN to approve dotBIZ when there already is one?
>>
>> There isn't one.  At least not in the only root zone that ICANN has
>> any business taking into consideration.

> this is slanderous toward proper businesses and us little guys, if you do
> not know how to acces them, then you are......

No it is not slanderous.

Tone down your rhetoric, kid.

>> > I hope this does not cause undue distress but I cannot find a single
>> > entity or person with power that is looking out for
>> > us small guys.
>>
>> There is no reason to further delay the expansion of the namespace.
>> There is no evidence that further delays would mean that they were
>> "looking out" for the "small guys."
>>

> Oh no! really? like I said I am a simpleton.  You mean monopolies are good
> and conflicting roots are great policy wise?  I guess we should all bow to
> Versign.

First of all, Verisign is a VERY minority partner in Afilias, and in
fact is forbidden from owning anything resembling a controlling
interest.

I suggest you get a big dose of facts before you start tossing this
kind of stuff around.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com