From: Jonathan Weinberg [mailto:weinberg@mail.msen.com]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 11:34 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck; 'babybows.com'; ga@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [ga] By-passing the DNSO

         I don't understand Danny to be saying that the DNSO should be
involved in the application of individual sanctions.  Rather, he is
objecting to a provision contemplating that the overall rules governing the
sanctions program can be overhauled, wholesale, without DNSO
participation.  The provision is consistent with the apparent view of ICANN
staff that questions such as whether there should be a sanction program,
how it should be constructed, what it should look like, etc., have no
policy content.  That position seems to me, though, rather hard to
defend.  I'm not sure, Chuck, whether your derisive dismissal of Danny's
comment is because:
[1] you think it's absurd to believe that such questions (whether there
should be a sanctions program, how it should be constructed, what it should
look like, etc.) have policy content;
[2] you think that such questions have policy content, but you think it's
absurd to believe that the DNSO should be involved in the process of
changing those policy decisions; or
[3] you're just mischaracterizing his post.

Jon

At 11:12 AM 4/27/2001 -0400, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>To suggest that the DNSO should be involved in the sanctions program is
>ABSURD.  Somewhere along the line it would be nice if some sort of
>"reasonable business sense" existed.  But maybe that is asking too much.
>
>Chuck

Program"