DNSO Mailling lists archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re[2]: [ga] U.S. Gov't sets date for ICANN-Verisign power deal appro val

Hello DPF,

Thursday, April 26, 2001, 11:50:34 AM, DPF wrote:

> The point I was trying to make is that when many within ICANN begged
> for even a 30 day extension to allow more time for consultation the
> very clear message was that this is not possible and we will stick
> with the status quo if no decision by this time.  We were told even a
> delay of some weeks would be unfair to Verisign's plans.

> The USG has now asked for a 21 day extension and as you have indicated
> this will be granted.  Why the different treatment between requests
> from ICANN for more time and requests from the USG?

I think that is clear.  Because it permitted them to push it through
without thorough review as an "urgent" matter.

Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com

This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.
Send mail to majordomo@dnso.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga-full" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>