Re: [ga] U.S. Gov't sets date for ICANN-Verisign power deal appro val

The point I was trying to make is that when many within ICANN begged
for even a 30 day extension to allow more time for consultation the
very clear message was that this is not possible and we will stick
with the status quo if no decision by this time.  We were told even a
delay of some weeks would be unfair to Verisign's plans.

The USG has now asked for a 21 day extension and as you have indicated
this will be granted.  Why the different treatment between requests
from ICANN for more time and requests from the USG?

DPF

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:59:38 -0400, Chuck Gomes wrote:

>David,
>
>Because May 14th falls after the May 10th deadline that is in the current
>agreements, an extension is essential.
>
>Chuck

david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527