[ga] Re: Due Process

Eric,

1. You have posted certain appeals to our former Chair who has responded
accordingly.

2. You have posted your appeals as well to the Names Council, citing "Any
instances of fraudulent nominations or endorsements should be reported to
this committee at the following email address: ga-watchdog@dnso.org, with a
copy to the Names Council at council@dnso.org, This committee and the Names
Council shall have the sole discretion as to how to deal with any such
reported activity."  You have neither documented fraudulent nominations nor
documented fraudulent endorsements.  Both the committee and the Names
Council have exercised their sole discretion by choosing to ignore your
unsubstantiated claims.

3.  You have alleged irregularities in the voting process.  The GA has not
concurred with your assessment, and neither has the Names Council that
yesterday finally ratified the vote of Chair and Co-Chair.

4.  You have appealed the decisions of the List Monitor which suspended the
posting rights of certain individuals.  You have not put forth any
substantive arguments on the merits of the decisions, and have only argued
that you are opposed to censorship.  This does not constitute a legitimate
appeal.

5.  You have appealed and called for a vote against Mr. Corliss being on the
list monitors.  Yet you have also noted that "having the existing Alt-Chair
take up the very important role of establishing the rules and procedure for
the Assembly is a worthy and safe goal".   If you can trust Mr. Corliss in
this capacity, you have no reason to contest his ability to function
responsibly as a list monitor.  As these monitors now function as a
committee, making joint decisions, you have even less reason to continue
your harangue against our Co-Chair.  You have acted to call for a vote
against Mr. Corliss being on the list monitor committee immediately upon
being notified that he was so appointed.  This vendetta of yours has been
launched before Mr. Corliss has even assumed his duties.  Your call for a
vote is not based on any breach of fiduciary responsibility, and does not
warrant further discussion.

6.  You have lobbied for the formation of a mailing list that will attend to
issues of rules and procedures for the General Assembly.  This list is being
created.

7.  You have argued that the due process procedures of the General Assembly
are a disgrace.  At such time as you join the mailing list for rules and
procedures, perhaps your involvement may improve matters for the better.
There is a time a place for everything.  This is not the time for incessant
harping upon such matters when we are on the verge of having a group
convened that can responsibly consider that which will be best for the
future of the General Assembly.  My time too is limited, and I would prefer
to be able to attend to matters other than the obligation of having to reply
to your relentless stream of accusations.  Perhaps you might consider
applying your focus to domain name policy issues until the rules and
procedures mailing list is formed.