Re: [ga] ICANNWatch Comment on MultiBind

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Derek Conant wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a solution to the consumer confusion allegations
> surrounding the altTLDs?

I'll offer some of my thoughts on this....

The PacificRoot is a private network providing public services for the
benefit of the Internet community at large. It's DNS services extend out
through Many Many other private networks that also have many many other
private networks associated with them, and so on.

Our users DO NOT have a consumer confusion issue. They understand exactly
how totally cool what they get from us is, and they love it. Like I've
said many times before, "It just makes sense."

Just as any end subscriber (Defined as one who pays for access to a
private network) may elect to upgrade their DNS independantly of their
local ISPs settings if that ISP has not already done so, it is also the
case that any user who wishes to downgrade their DNS to the deprecated,
ICANN legacy system may do so idependantly of the superior DNS service
that their provider may be Providing them via The PacificRoot.

The consumer has choice that is all, where before all they had were
ICANN's table scraps.

No, that's not all. They have consumer protection too. I invite you to
check out the following links:

http://www.pacroot/ddrp_current.shtml

and the following:

http://www.pacroot/ptld_tos_current.shtml

Absolutely NO ONE can obtain a registrant account at the PacificRoot
without specifically verifying that they have read and agree to these
unambiguous terms and conditions. Our POSSR system will not let them.

I know that some people would like us to have psychedelic flying saucers
buzzing around our home page Saying all kinds of self-flagellating things
about ourselves and this is not going to happen. I don't even see the kind
or myriad of disclaimers at http://www.webtld.com that we have on our
registrar site. We're just going the extra mile to make SURE that we've
done everything REASONABLY possible to educate our users regarding the
superior service they are receiving.

If ICANN loads a collider - it is they who will have caused pandemonium
and confusion, and it is they who will have "broken" the one name space
that exists. It is they who may meet their demise as a result.

This is why Senator Burns and others are so concerned about ICANN's
maverick activities, and NOT The PacificRoot's. They speak kindly of us in
fact with a smile parting their lips.

Try it. Say "PacificRoot" out load to yourself. Kinda tickles and gives
you that warm fuzzy feeling huh?

Our customers get that feeling and tell all their friends to upgrade too.

If that helps you or anyone else here at all Derek it was my pleasure :)

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer
The PacificRoot/Joint Technologies Ltd.
The ONLY Root that resolves ALL roots!