Re: [ga] Critics say stick to the topic

Sure, its relevant.

Where you work often has a lot to do with what you think on many topics. I know
that from experience. So do most others.

This guy is talking about restricting the general public from having the right
to register domains, in the public interest of course. :-)  The new bogeyman is
called 'cybersquatting'. No doubt it happens, and I don't like it any more than
the next person. But a degree of speculation, I dont think we can avoid. But
using a sledgehammer on the innocent that have registered names in good faith
in the name of controlling speculators isn't the way. And that's how we ended
up with such horrid laws against cyberquatting and even the UDRP being
improperly applied at times. These were set up to deal with 'cybersquatting',
but many of us folks can attest to how these laws and rules have been
improperly applied. And Gavin says, those arent enough. He thinks we need even
MORE draconian measures to protect the public against itself.

Don't we just love altruists.

Robin