Re[10]: [ga] collisions in namespace (was gTLD Constituency)

Hello Christopher,

If you insist on pursuing this...

Thursday, April 12, 2001, 12:31:56 PM, Christopher Ambler wrote:

>> What I find a stretch is how quickly and easily you are willing to
>> attribute a motivation to their vote despite no clear statement from
>> them to that effect.

> Person 1 says, "I think we should go out for pizza. Who agrees?"
> Everyone votes, and people 2-13 agree.

> And you can say, "There's no indication that they agreed that
> going out for pizza is a good idea?!" Then what did they
> vote on?!

Not the same thing.

It is more like Person 1 saying "I prefer not to go to ZYX Pizzeria,
because they put too much cheese on their pizza, would everyone else
like to go to CBA Pizzeria instead?"

And everyone else says "Yes."

Do you assume they all agree that ZYX Pizzeria puts too much cheese on
their pizza?

No.

The bottom line is that one board member, ONE, expressed a reason for
not granting .web to Afilias.  Others voted that they preferred giving
.info over .web, and did not express a reason for their vote.

That is the historical fact.

Can we end this now?

--
Best regards,