Re[2]: [ga] Critics say "there's no shortage of dotcoms"

Hello Patrick,

Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 2:49:28 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
> (2)    You say that "people disagree with me".  People who understand the
> subject don't.  From memory 67 characters are allowed including the .com which
> is four characters.  That means you can have 63 alphanumerics before the dot.

I'm one of those who understand the subject, and I'll disagree with
you.

There is an artificial scarcity.

But it is NOT because of domain hoarding or speculation.

It's because of restrictive policies on namespace expansion.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com