[ga] And these mean?

FWIW, here are the results to the following previous post:
<--------------- start post ---------------->
Kudos to the first person that knows all the below listed (and recently used
on this list) acronyms:

NADF
SEI
LASC
NGO
RTFA
APA
RSN
YMMV
RIR
IM(nl)HO  <---just the "nl" part)
CNPB
MHSC
STV
<--------------- end post ---------------->
I only got two responses...there was agreement on the following 9 acronyms:

NADF -- North American Directory Forum
SEI -- Software Engineering Institute
NGO -- Non-Government Organisation
RTFA -- Read The Freaking Article
APA -- Administrative Procedures Act
YMMV -- Your Mileage May Vary
RIR -- Regional Internet Registry
MHSC -- Morgan Hill Software Company
STV -- Single Transferable Vote

and the following 4 acronyms had two different answers or guesses:

LASC -- Lisp and Symbolic Computation and Los Angeles   ????????
RSN -- Real Soon Now and Root Server Network
IM(nl)HO -- In My (nl) Humble Opinion and In My No Longer Humble Opinion ??
CNPB -- CardeoNeuroPulmonaryBypass and California Nonprofit Public Benefit
Corporation Law ("CNPBCL")

So, sorry!  No kudos this time around.  BTW, I don't know the answers
myself, just wanted to see if anyone else did.  And, judging from the low
level of responses recieved (only two) and that neither knew them all,
perhaps people posting to this list would be a bit more considerate in their
use of acronyms.  They are definitely a "barrier to entry" for newbies.
Anyway, just one person's (with too much time on his hands) opinion.

Regards,

Jeff
--
jeff field