RE: [ga] percentages and numbers of cases

At 10:44 8/04/01 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 09:57 AM 4/8/2001, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:
>>Has anyone who said they didn't get notice in time asked for an extension
>>and been denied?
>
>In fact this thread has devolved into making a series of undocumented
>claims about one or another pattern of problems with the UDRP.

Marilyn's question is reasonable and should be part of any investigation
into the functioning of the UDRP.

>         The rule for deciding what to change in an
>         established process is first to document the
>         problem that needs fixing.
>
>         That is, make sure there is a significant problem.
>
>Having heard one or another report that someone, somewhere has some sort of
>problem does not warrant making a change to ensure that that particular
>thing never happens again.

I hope this remark is a not a reflection of an unwillingness to improve the
administration of justice in an experimental setup as the UDRP.

The GA of the DNSO is the one place where such improvements can be
meaningfully debated.
Fact finding is the first step. Roeland's suggestion of  IP lobby funding
for a "performance tracking system" (carried out independently) makes good
sense to me.

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)