Re: [ga] Re: Privacy/WHOIS

Eric and all remaining assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I certainly hope you are right about RICO.  My point was that the continued intentional
> violation of rules and regulations in a money oriented business, regardless of non-profit
> status, i.e. churches, starts to become identifiable as a pattern when it happens so often
> that it cannot be accidental or negligent.

  Good point in favor of the RICO consideration....

>     When we add up that the boardsquatters and lack of membership, and refusal to disclose
> ownership of the corporation and obviously paid for disruption of the process (internet
> Union busters).  Then add the monopolistic status of both the contractor and the main
> subcontractor we begin to see a pattern of racketeering and or corruption the, element of
> influence is already there and it is clearly an organization. We have to keep in mind RICO
> is not a dirty word it is simply intitials for the essential elements of stating the case.
> Note also that RICO can now be a civil action in Federal Court. When filed civily it usually
> includes a Qui Tam action.  California does not have a state cause of action for civil rico.
>
>     My point on this latest subject coming so close behind how the Verisign matter was
> handled and not far after the new gTLD announcement and clear violation of privacy laws and
> the DoC's requirements for confidentiality. WE see a pattern developing.  There is also a
> provision in the contract that prohibits the changing of policy regarding re-delegation,
> perhaps this problem can be cured with DoC Approval.

  This is a most important point that supports to an extent you thoughts on
RICO...

>     Keep in mind I do not practice law, but for lawyers I have drafted three filed RICO
> complaints and have committed probably over a year's time investigating them. All this
> amounts to is a historical research opinion.
>     I guess what we really have to ask ourselves is why doesn't ICANN just do it right? The
> only explanation I can come up with is that they don't want to do it right.

  Or they don't know HOW to "Do it right"!  Which ever the reason(s)
is/are, it is obvious in the extreme that this current ICANN BoD and staff
isn't doing it right, ergo, not abiding by the White Paper and the MoU,
thereby in stark violation of their own bylaws and contract with DOC/NTIA.

> Sincerely,
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Eric and all remaining assembly  members,
> >
> > Eric Dierker wrote:

> > > If you think about it, it is really down right funny.  However I do not believe that a
> > > subcommitte looking for transparency and bottom-up process is going to be laughing.
> >
> >   Not subcommittee, but full committee...  Otherwise, yes I agree...
> >

> > > In that the current WHOISdata base policy is in direct violation of the DoC contract
> > > for IANA function, and the proposed Verisisign contract in larger violation of
> > > Subcontractor status via the APA it is starting to look like a design and practice of
> > > violations - ccan anyone spell RICO. IMnlHO
> >
> >   Well I don't know if RICO would apply here.  Certainly though APA does,
> > and purposeful and before hand knowledge of a violation of contract with
> > DOC/NTIA, as is now evident in this instance would tend to be something
> > that DOC should look at very closely...  Our members certainly hope
> > they (DOC) will...
> >

> > > Sincerely,
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 118k members strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

Jeffrey A. Williams