Re: [ga] Re: Privacy/WHOIS

Eric and all remaining assembly  members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > > The Names Council WHOIS Committee is not due to start it's work of soliciting
> > > comments on the WHOIS issue until the ICANN Staff WHOIS Committee publishes its
> > > report, which is due out in about two weeks.
> >
> >   This seems terribly backwards.  Any report should include input from
> > the stakeholder community BEFORE the WHOIS Committee even convenes.
> > So much for open process again...  :(
>
> If you think about it, it is really down right funny.  However I do not believe that a
> subcommitte looking for transparency and bottom-up process is going to be laughing.

  Not subcommittee, but full committee...  Otherwise, yes I agree...

> In that the current WHOISdata base policy is in direct violation of the DoC contract
> for IANA function, and the proposed Verisisign contract in larger violation of
> Subcontractor status via the APA it is starting to look like a design and practice of
> violations - ccan anyone spell RICO. IMnlHO

  Well I don't know if RICO would apply here.  Certainly though APA does,
and purposeful and before hand knowledge of a violation of contract with
DOC/NTIA, as is now evident in this instance would tend to be something
that DOC should look at very closely...  Our members certainly hope
they (DOC) will...

> Sincerely,

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827