Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

"William X. Walsh" wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Wednesday, April 04, 2001, 1:58:52 AM, Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > In that I do not agree with the method of banning and i find Mr. Crispin and Mr. Crocker
> > and Mr. Walsh far more culpable as far as stifling input, I post this concept from the
> > Harald eradicted Mr. Williams as a suggestion that we are not outnumbered but only have to
> > vote.  I finally realized why these list centurions were against campaigning, it might
> > upset the goal they were sent to realize; Keep anyone who differs from their point of view
> > off the active participation list and do it by whipping them to death so no one else tries
> > the same thing.
>
> Oh please.  Eric, your issue with my stating to the list why I felt
> you were not suitable for the position of GA is getting a little out
> of hand here.
>
> And all you have done in response to it is prove that I was right all
> along.
>
> I told you once off list, now I'll tell it to you on the list.
>
> You need to learn some maturity, and you need to learn how to live
> with criticism.  I've wasted a lot of time on you, off list, trying to
> make you understand some things, to make you a better GA member.  I
> didn't try and convert you to my views on things, I focused
> EXCLUSIVELY on how your way of responding and reacting to things was
> working against you, and your credibility.
>
> The above message gives me grounds to file a complaint against you,
> but I'm not doing that yet.   I know from posts to me in private when
> I've insisted on responding to you on list lately that a number of
> people, on both sides of these issues btw, have already added you to
> their filters.  You really are not coming across in a way where you
> can or will have the kind of impact you think you should have.
>
> You think that you can come on the seem in an aggressive way, and
> immediately be a driving force.   The respect that is needed to be a
> driving force is something that you can earn only over time, and you
> don't earn it by the way you react to things.
>
> For what it is worth, on matters of POLICY, on the list, we agree on
> much.  But your personality and attitude get vastly in the way of
> people understanding that.
>
> Normally I would make this kind of post privately.  But your reaction
> to my last and final attempt to do that intimates to me that maybe the
> only way to get through to you is by making these points publicly.
>
> If I didn't think you had good points to make, I would not have wasted
> my time off-list trying to explain the things I was trying to get
> across to you.  You do not do yourself, or your points, justice.
>
> I assistant coached a high school forensics team for a year, as a TA.
> The most effective leader on that team was a senior who had
> transferred in from another school, and wasn't that well known on a
> personal level by the students on our team.  What made him an
> [...]

Damn straight and a big Thank you!
And if that kid would of offended everyone and his words were right he would have been rebuked.
I get your point. Yoour point is well taken this school is only for kids who have been here for
awhile, lest I do things quietly for my first little while I ain't gonna make it. Ah whatthe
heck you are right no one likes a guy like me. I guess it comes from being youngest of six,
getting a philosophy and law degree and being a prick, but I hope you can attest I did try
before I quit.

Adios,