RE: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

I don't know you Eric aside from observations of your posting.  However there
are a couple of things I would like to comment on with your recent exchanges.

Having only recently starting participating myself, I do not find the barriers
that others obviously do in achieving a reasonable level of participation.  It
has not been my experience to be intimidated by any other poster although I have
been in disagreement with a number of people, including WX.  Yes, although I do
agree with WX on a lot of things there are some matters that we do disagree on.
The same goes for a lot of others.  We all find the level of participation we
are comfortable with, and the opportunity is there for anyone to participate in
a constructive way.  This goes for the all the lists I am currently subscribed
to.

One thing we should all keep in mind, others do not direct our actions unless we
let them.

A little story which may be of some assistance to others is the story of the
King who, when on the point of giving up, observed a spider attempting to build
a web, the observance of the persistence displayed by the spider convinced the
King to rejoin a battle and continue the struggle.  In the end persistence and
perseverance can win the day.  My apologies if I mixed up the story a little, it
was something I read as a youngster many years ago.

In this group are many diverse individuals.  We come from varied backgrounds and
life experiences.  We will not always get along and due to the passion felt by
some towards the topics under discussion, there will always be some disorder.
The objective is to overcome the little things and focus on the larger issues.
Personally I consider the GA has achieved this ideal to a remarkable degree.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.