RE: [ga] ICANN not a Governing Body

> Hi Jefsey,
> Could you explain this please? I may have *misunderstood*, but I
> thought that the master-root to which others are connected, are
> privately owned US resource, therefore subject to APA, as is
ICANN,
> being a US corporation. I'd like to be clear about what parts of
ICANN
> function are subject to APA, and what parts are not. Thanks,
Joanna

Hi Joanna:

ICANN is a private corporation and not subject to the APA, just as
NSI was not.

Even DoC is claiming it is not subject to the APA,but we are
questioning that issue, as is Senator Burns.  The reason for the
establishment of Icann, according to Representative Pickering at
the Februrary 8 hearing, was to avoid the APA.  I found that to be
very interesting indeed.

Leah