RE: Re[2]: Function and quality of GA Chair- (was RE: Re[2]: [ga] Top Level Domain Association - NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST)

Saturday, March 31, 2001 10:38 AM, William X. Walsh wrote:

>snip....Yes, personally, I feel any candidate that feels a need to
"campaign"
for the position is probably not the kind of candidate needed for that
position."<

Personally, if campaigning is explaining your positions, interests, ideals,
and thoughts, along with motivating folks to come to a consensus than I am
most interested in hearing from the candidates.  Furthermore as a "newbie"
it is always nice to understand what goes on behind the scenes.  Education
and Outreach are probably one of the most important "needs" demonstrated in
the GA of the DNSO.  In my own mind I am still debating whether
participating in this organization and on the WG Review will accomplish
anything, so more power to a "newbie" like Eric and Danny who dove in and
found something worthy about participating.  Encouragement, along with
guidance, might bring more talent to the General Assembly and at some point
mean something to the overall ICANN / internet world.
Thanks, Cindy Merry