Re[2]: [ga] Top Level Domain Association - NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Hello Eric,

Saturday, March 31, 2001, 1:51:01 AM, Eric Dierker wrote:

> Ok Harald,  you layeth the hatchet now do you endorse a TLD candidate or not?

What the heck is a "TLD candidate" ?

We are electing a GA Chair, who will advocate those things on which
the GA develops Consensus, not any personal agenda.

If a candidate cannot set their personal agenda down, then they should
not be a candidate.

The one candidate I know for a fact who can do that, and not only that
but has also shown a remarkable and incredible skill at building
consensus even on the most contentious issues, is Jonathan Weinberg.

That is the most important skill when looking at suitability.

A GA Chair who holds too strong an opinion on any particular
controversial issues, such as alternative roots or TLDs, would not be
a suitable GA Chair if they are not able to completely and totally
separate themselves from that, and be willing to advocate on behalf of
the GA and the consensus developed by the GA, even if that consensus
is contrary to what their own position on that issue, and even if that
consensus would be harmful to their position.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com