[ga] DOC ICANN buck passing

Just in case someone is interested - there is no one at the DOC in charge
of ICANN.  It looks as if there's going to be a bit of buck passing at the
NTIA since Burr's departure.

Burr left the NTIA on Sept 8th and her responsibilities were trasnferred
to Ken Schagrin.  Ken called me from Montreal yesturday (he's enjoying the
recent funeral we had there - great for internatinal contacts) and he
confirmed that he will be transfered to another government department
(trade) on Oct 10th.  That's five days from now and he has no idea who is
going to replace him - or at least won't say.

Now this is conveniently happening in the middle of an icann election
during a very contraversial TLD application.  I commened the NTIA on
avoiding it's responsibility.  This is the classical example of the civil
service suffle called "let's avoid responsibility".  I'm not impressed.

regards
joe

--
Joe Baptista