[ga-full] Re: [ga] court curbs icann

Dori and all remaining assembly members,

Court Curbs Power of ICANN
The National Law Journal

"In the first ruling of its kind, a federal judge in Illinois said that
courts are not bound by the administrative proceedings of the
organization
established to provide management of the Internet domain-name system,
the
Internet Corp. for Assigned Names and Numbers or ICANN."

  It's about time I would say, and something I had been expecting for
some
time now.  Although a bit late, I find this court's and the judge to
have acted properly and appropriately.  It seems that MHO in this
matter and with direct respect to ICANN and it's Boards questionable
actions over the past year and a half at least are beginning to be borne

out.  The amazing thing with respect to this decision is that the
DOC/NTIA
along with the DOJ did not take some action along these lines before
hand as had been requested my myself and a host of others....

  Thank you Dori for bring this to our attention.  Would you
happen to have a URL for this?

Dori Kornfeld wrote

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#