[ga-full] Re: [IFWP] Re: [Nc-tlds] Re: DNSO Names Council decides it can discount and ignore its working groups

Internet evolution in action.

Paul, why don't you provide TLD nameservice for .UNION and I'll
stick it in the ORSC root, and we'll find Jamie some RS (registration
services) and DS (Directory services) support. Under Jamie's direction
in the IS role the .UNION indfrastructure and community can get
off to a good start.

At 10:13 PM 4/18/00 -0400, !Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:
>There's a few problems with the namespace roots which I'll spell out here.
>
>1. Non of the namespace root servers provide for zone transfers of the
>root.  Therefore it is impossible to determine what tld space is in them.
>
>2. Lack of co-operation - when John Hunt enumerated the namespace he
>attempted on numerous occassions to confirm information with
>namespace.  Your people ignored him.  Lack of co-operation in namespace is
>a sure fire way to lose peoples interest.
>
>  John Hunts work in archives at http://www.earth-net.net/GTLD/
>
>3. According to John's notes - which are still maintained in my private
>files, he contacted all of your tld contacts.  these were the people you
>solicited for namespace creation.  Non of these people had been contacted
>by you, no have they ever heard anything from namespace.  Alot of them
>feel used.  Instead of keeping these resources you have ostrasized them.
>
>4. When one attempts to check the soa on any namespace root server - one
>get's the IANA soa.  This is not a proper method of operating a root
>file.  If there are problems in the root it should return an soa which
>identifies namespace as the authority - not iana.
>
>5. The union people have already been advised by me that .union is in
>conflict with your namespace root zone.
>
>6. I suggest you give up .union to James - according to the hunt records
>.union was created by one of your boys - so that would be an easy thing to
>do:
>
>Top Level Domain:            .union
>Root Server Confederation:   name.space
>Uniform Resource Locator:    http://namespace.pgmedia.net/
>Whois Server:                swhois.net
>Contacts:                    admin@pgmedia.net
>
>and in closing Paul - it would be the right thing to do.  .union should be
>run by the unions and not pgmedia/namespace.  You should simply offer to
>include them in your roots - and I think everyone else (i speak of the
>alternate root servers) will also agree to support .union accordingly.
>
>You have 500 or more gtlds in your root - any your not making any money on
>them - all you've spend money on is legal fees.  So think paul - think
>carefully - because your gesture can serve to break the icann monopoly.
>
>Regards
>Joe baptista
>
>Regards
>Joe Baptista
>
>On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Paul Garrin wrote:
>
>> The TLD "union." has been operational on Name.Space
>> servers since 1996.  We will be more than happy to
>> work with James Love, the unions, etc. to service
>> this TLD.
>>
>> Registrations can be done online at
>> https://secure.name-space.com/registry
>>
>> New registrants may choose to register for the
>> first year for free.
>>
>> (this is not an ad)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Paul Garrin
>> Name.Space

> [...]
rich@rd.sexton                               http://ph-1.613.473.1719
It's about travel on expense accounts to places with good beer. - BKR