[ga-full] RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

At 13:10 29/03/00 +0200, Alf Hansen wrote:
>Harald,
>
>Thank you for this clarification. To me this is quite clear, and the way to
>organize this is probably well-known to any organization with members:
>
>Organizations are members of DNSO. There is a membership database containing
>(at least) name of membership org.
>           address and other coordinates
>           constituency(ies)
>           name and coordinates of persons representing the org. in
>                    this context
>           One (and only one) of these persons should be ticked off as
>                    "voting person in the DNSO GA".
>
>Simple, isn't it?
>Did I forget something? What about individuals in the GA not representing an
>organization? Is "At-Large" for individuals and DNSO for organizations?

Yes you forgot something. The GA of the DNSO is composed of ALL individuals
(organized or dis-organized) that have an interest or a stake in the DNS.

The "DNSO for organizations" is represented by the Names Council.  The GA
is for those who feel that they should be represented on the NC.
If you send them away, the capture of the DNSO is sealed and the door is
shut.
Neat.

The ICANN "at- large" membership , ahhh , now that is something else
altogether.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , founder  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/