[ga-full] RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

At 08:02 AM 3/27/00 -0800, Roeland M. J. Meyer wrote:

I agree with you, but it won't work anymore. The problem is that the term
"gTLD" was created by the IAHC to specifically define the shared-TLD
environment. Some people have the term "gTLD" firmly associated with
sharing and registrars. This excludes a number of TLDs (as Elisabeth points
out).

I don't think redefining gTLDs as shared AND non-shared is a battle worth
fighting over, especially if there are constituencies to recognize the
registries/TLDs which aren't shared, or might be a mixture or shared and
non-shared. Thus the request for rTLD and iTLD constituencies.

Keep it understandable...