[ga-full] Re: [IFWP] RE: [aso-comment] IP address holders - are they represented?

Joe, Mike and all,

  I am in complete agreement with Joe on this issue and the disenfranchising
structure of the ASO.  I have voiced my opinion on this before.  I shall
do so again in greater detail.  But In essence Joe's comments are a hint
at least as to how the ASO is disinclusionary and seemingly in violation
of the ICANN bylaws, the White Paper, and the Mou.  As an IP address
holder I think I have just as much right to participate in the policy making
for IP addresses as anyone else...  Currently under the ASO structure,
I don't.  I find that to be discriminatory in nature.

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> [...]
> registry is directly owned by the members - like RIPE.
>
> > In addition, ICANN's membership structure (http://members.icann.org) is open
> > **all** members of the Internet community and offers a broad and global
> > channel
> > for input and representation in Internet governance.
>
> That's not acceptable Mike.  I think it's clear to most in the community
> that the @large membership is quickly becoming an unacceptable farce and
> has received considerable negative international attention.  Including a
> boycott of the proceeding by President Mubarak of Egypt.
>
> Also - ipv4 owners have considerably different interests then ICANN's
> @large membership.
>
> So - because of these reasons I don't find that avenue acceptable.
>
> It's becoming obvious to me that a whole group of important community

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894