[ga-full] Re: [ga] Matters to discuss

Harald and all remaining assembly members,

  For once we agree on something.  My only remaining question
on this idem of business for the DNSO is what has the DNSO done
to acquire funding, Harald or anyone?  To my knowledge, nothing.
I can only suppose than that the DNSO is hoping for someone
to provide initial capitol as a gesture.  If so, that seems like a
poor funding model by which the DNSO can and should rely on
initially.

  Second, I would ask is the DNSO going to have a membership fee
of some sort and a partial funding source?  If so, how much and will
the membership decide this?

  If these two questions can be answered, than and only than as Harald
indicates, would it be prudent to decide on where the money should
be spent, and how.  Otherwise this seem to be an exercise in fantasy
land.  But it is amusing!  :)

David "Dude" Jenson
INEGRoup-West Director

In a message dated 2/22/00 2:20:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Harald@Alvestrand.no writes:

<< At 08:16 22.02.00 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:

 >[various process issues]
 >
 >On the other hand, we could discuss some actual business, instead of
 >the endless stuff about process.

 but then, when we have discussed the business, what can we do about it?
 Talking is fine. But at the moment, we don't have a handle of what an
 "action" by the GA is, far less how to achieve one.

 (that said, I have little to say about the budget; it seems like a rush
 job. Webhosting is cheap - anyone could host the DNSO webservers on a spare
 Pentium/100 - the only real cost there is time. But you can spend infinite
 amounts of time on web maintenance. And that's expensive.)

                     Harald

 Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no