[ga-full] Re: [ga] Matters to discuss

Jeff and all remaining assembly members,

  As a matter of historic fact for the DNSO as is reflected in the
GA mailing list archives I find Jeff's brief yet to the point comments
to be accurate based on my reading of them.

  I would also agree with Jeff's findings and or conclusions as
stated briefly below as well....

David "Dude" Jenson
INEGRoup-West Director

In a message dated 2/21/00 11:00:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Harald and all,

 Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

 > Now that the list is a quiet place to work, it would be a shame if we still
 > couldn't get any work done.......
 >
 > the immediate questions confronted by the GA (and therefore valid items for
 > discussion on the GA list) are:
 >
 > - Who are the GA members?

   I believe this has already been determined when folks subscribed to the
 DNSO GA list or the DNSO Announce list.  This was also already announced
 on the DNSO Announce list as well if I recall.

 >    - What is the definition of a GA member?

   See above.

 >    - How do we check that people conform to the definition?

   Read the subscriber list already available.

 > - How does the GA decide?

   Already been done.

 >    - How is a decision (or alternate decisions) proposed to the GA?
 >    - How does the GA choose to make (or not make) a decision?

   Now, these are valid questions that may not have answers presently.
 But we do have some background from the past two elections, don't we?  >;)

 > And lastly, the inevitable:
 >
 > - Given that we have the two problems above solved, how can we use this
 >    solution to get a permanent set of rules for the GA mailing list?

   Again several good suggestions have been provided.  Roelands and
 David Jensons, if I recall correctly.  In addition there are always
 alternatives,
 one of which would be a "Voting Booth" similar to what the IDNO has
 presently.

 > I think that's the right order..... we'll have a meeting in Cairo (I
 > think), which will be well positioned to garner input from the committed
 > ICANNistas who show up there; this list will garner input from the list
 > members.
 >
 > What do you think?

   See above...