[ga-abuse]

Re: [ga-abuse] Complaint Procedures

At 06:42 17.04.2001 +1000, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Do you really think it is wise to accept complaints from anybody on the list
>about anybody else on the list?
>
>I can guarantee, right now and without checking first, that I can go
>through a certain person's postings and find 10 insults or innuendos in
>TWO or THREE days of postings.  Really.  If I tried hard I could keep
>somebody banned forever.
>
>Perhaps it's better, and easier, if we confine ourselves to complaints
>made by the person aggrieved.  If they don't take offence then it's not
>much of a
>problem.

I would rather think the opposite: if someone other than the injuried party
finds something offensive enough to complain, that should have MORE weight.
The injuried party is more likely to fire off a complaint in the heat of
anger, or to deploy "tactical complaints".

>At least unless the words are known to be offensive to everyone !!!
>
>Thoughts?

You have complaints on the list made by both the injuried party and by
third parties, so neither mechanism gets you personally out of trouble....