  • To: Per Koelle <pk@dk-hostmaster.dk>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Posting counts
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:08:58 -0800
  • CC: ga@dnso.org
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org
Per and all remaining assembly members,

  In my opinion only:

  Well of course you are right Per.  But you must understand that Harald
takes his orders form "On High" i.e. the ICANN BoD and staff.  This is
particularly important when it is to effect "Damage Control", which we
have
with the Versign contract(s) issue.  So, it is now time to limit the
debate
and discussion so as to "Quiet Things down" so that not too many waves
are made, so to speak....  Can't have negative discussion or positions
expressed towards anything that the ICANN BoD wants on a ICANN
ML, now can we...  Of course not!  That would be paramount to
Sacrilege now wouldn't it?  >;)

Per Koelle wrote:

> Dear Harald,
>
> Allthough I understand your point here, I think that it is unfair to
> restrict the opportunities for Chuck (or others) to respond to all
> the challenges that may arise. It is normal procedures to have the
> right to defend one self at any time.
>
> Regards
> Per Koelle
> DK Hostmaster
>
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>
> > On the day of March 19, out of a total of 58 messages with this dateline,
> > the following per-user posting counts were noted:
> >
> > - Jefsey Morfin: 8
> > - Jeff Williams: 12
> > - Chuck Gomes: 8
> >
> > The recommended per-day posting limit for one list member is 5.
> >
> > A large volume of posting is usually not an increase of information passed;
> > on the contrary, it tends to reduce the number of people who read the
> > posted messages, reducing the chance of those people sharing information
> > with the other members of the list.
> >
> > The list monitor will take action if participants continue to display
> > consistent high volume posting.
> >
> > --
> > Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
> > +47 41 44 29 94
> > Personal email: Harald@Alvestrand.no
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827