From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 2:51 PM
To: Sotiropoulos
Cc: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] ORG: some answers from ICANN

Sotiris, Marilyn and all remaining assembly members,

  Marilyn, I have to agree with everything in Sotiris's post in response to you.
As you know you and I have agreed on several issues in the recent past
put forth on this forum.  But I don't see any need in carrying this exchange
into a personal dispute.  You KNOW you represent AT&T on this forum
in one form or another.  And that is just fine with me, as it seem to be
with others.  But don't try to obscure your perceived importance in your
comments on this forum as being only your own, unless you indicate
as such.

  Ignoring question posed, as Sotiris stated below is indeed rude, unprofessional,
and inconsiderate, unless they are of a personal nature.  The ICANN BoD
has made a practice of ignoring questions posed on this and other forums,
as well a directly.  You have as well, far to often in your capacity as a
AT&T representative.

  Until recently I was a AT&T stock owner.  I sold the remaining shares I
had in AT&T because of the companies poor performance of the past
year+.  I see that AT&T management is getting worse rather than better.
It's stock price has plummeted and AT&T has cut it's dividend twice in the
past 18 months.  This shows to me that their ability to make good business
decisions is very questionable.  It seems that a significant of long time
AT&T owners are in agreement with this analysis.  I see this as a gross
indication that AT&T's ability to make good business decisions in their own
market, as poor.  This would seem to reflect directly on any representation
that AT&T has on the ICANN process as well...

Sotiropoulos wrote:

> "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" wrote:
> >
> > Is there really a need to be so....negative about an individual > posting I've made? I do take offense to the assertion that my postings > are about corporate greed.
>
> Marilyn, please don't take that tack with me.
> Frankly, I'm offended that you'd even attempt to
> reduce this to a personal issue, but... I'm not
> surprised. It's not personal Marilyn... it's about
> business, and you do represent certain interests
> <period>.  My soccer coach once told me to "always
> watch the ball, never the person... always follow
> the ball!" Well Marilyn, I'm following the ball
> and not you.  Heck, if it weren't you personally,
> it would just be somebody else...  So please,
> don't be offended.
>
> > I spend a lot of time on the list, and do it, often, as you do, at    > the expense of other business interests, because i think this is    > important.
>
> Marilyn, let's be honest, you're not here because
> you enjoy being here... you're not here because
> you'd rather do this than spend time with your
> family/loved one(s).  You are here as a Business
> Constituency representative via your position at
> AT&T, and also as a Names Council Member.  Of a
> certainty, you always carefully consider what you
> write to the List in light of your position(s).
> Probably, about the the only thing you don't weigh
> carefully in this regard is the font you choose to
> type in.  Now, all this aside, are you going to
> answer the question posed by William Walsh or not?
> ==================
> > Michael, that's the critique. Where's the "here's what i can do to
> > contribute to a solution?" Or do you only critique?
>
> > and if that is the case, then who offers solutions?
>
> This presumes that there is a problem that needs a
> solution.
>
> What exactly is the problem, Marilyn?
> ==================
> It's been a couple hours since William asked his
> question, yet you have chosen to respond to other
> posts in the interim.  This reminds me of certain
> other questions you have evaded, such as Joop's
> recurring question of "creating a super Name
> Holders constituency (9 seats), to be balanced by
> an ISP/IP/registrar/registry industry (9 seats)
> with an elected Chair as casting vote."  A
> question he's repeated often enough in the past
> few months (since January!).  In fact, you have
> not even acknowledged it.
>
> > I don't appreciate at all your last posting. It is also rather
> > unprofessional... which isn't really like you at all.
>
> Well, to be honest, I don't appreciate a lot of
> things people do... like ignoring questions.  I
> think it's very unprofessional for someone to
> ignore legitimate questions and evade issues,
> especially on such important matters, and most
> especially when they are in positions of power and
> responsibility.  That's my opinion, and I believe
> I'm entitled to it.  In the GA, I'm just another
> unrepresented individual who's incensed at what is
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827