[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Re: [ga] remote participation

Joe, Harald and all remaining assembly members,

  The civil rules of discourse for this forum require that action be taken
with respect to Joe Kelsey's comments below as they are a general
attack on person or persons that are stakeholders.  Please consider this
a formal complaint.  Thank you.

Joe Kelsey wrote:

> Jeff Williams writes:
>  > Dave Crocker wrote:
>  > > This is exactly the IETF model.  It has worked well for 12 years, and
>  > > through massive increases in participation.
>  >
>  >   Yes, but as we have seen over the past 2 years the IETF model is breaking
>  > down and in some specific situations has broken down.  Changed is both
>  > needed and underway.
>
> The only breakdown that has occurred is the presence of people who have
> no stake, either personally or professionally in seeing the process
> work.  I refer to the well-known personas who inhabit this list and who
> do nothing EXCEPT try to impede progress.  If you are a true
> stakeholder, then you have nothing to fear from either a face-to-face
> meeting OR from list participation.  If, on the other hand, you simply
> wish to inflate your own lack of experience or overabundance of ego, you
> can do as those on this list who prefer to beat a subject to death with
> inane and off-topic responses, simply to see their own (made-up?) name
> on a world-wide mailing list.
>
> Face-to-face meetings are a *requirement* of the IETF model, just as
> *civil* behavior on the mailing list is also a requirement.  Some
> members of this list do not seem to grasp either concept.
>
> /Joe

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827