From: Dave Crocker <dhc2@dcrocker.net>
To: Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Date: Saturday, February 17, 2001, 10:17:19 PM
Subject: [ga] remote participation

At 05:38 AM 2/16/2001, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>I think everyone, including the people physically present, should have to
>submit comments via the 'remote' system and be subject to the same
>filtering.  This will remove the otherwise highly unfair advantage that
>wealth and physical proximity bring to attendees.  If the system of
>handling remove comments is fair enough for remote participants, it should
>be fair enough for physical participants.  If it is not, this system will
>ensure that it quickly reaches that standard.
>
>Anything less is second-class status.

A major purpose of the face-to-face meetings is more efficient exchange.

The technology for remote participation is still quite limited.

So your suggestion is to LIMIT EVERYONE to a less efficient mode?

Thank you, Professor Procrustes, but it would not be a good idea for any of
us to lie down in that bed...

d/