[ga-abuse]

Re: [ga-abuse] Baptista treatens

At 12:11 11.02.00 +0100, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

>Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no> wrote:
> >
> > Roberto and I have asked you to remove the monitoring for Baptista.
> > Once it is gone, and he abuses it, we can reimpose it.
> > But without this move - I think we are made powerless.
> >
>==> Done.

OK. I will write that it is gone.
I will also note that his past actions richly deserved it, and that it will
be reimposed if he deserves it again.

> > And strangely - the rules don't mention the uttering of threats as a
> > sanctionable offense - personal attack is quite specifically mentioned.
> > Other postings of his are better for use as evidence of personal attacks,
> > methinks.
> > He is an expert at balancing on the edge, this one.
> >
>==> Why treatens are not in rules ? Because the persons like myself
>     are still naive enough and think that it is forbidden by law ?
>     What about treatens at Roberto and its application last weekend ?

Because I forgot to include it!

wrt Roberto, actions off the list are no reason for censure on the list.
His gloating could be censured as being "off-topic", though - and under
civilized laws, his actions would be actionable as harassment.

But we hesitate, because it's so expensive for us to take action.

> > Elisabeth - I feel like the man who attempts to straddle between the
> horses
> > - the freespeech guys, some of which I like and respect, are running away
> > from me calling me a censor; you and others are having trouble that I do
> > not do enough, because I insist that having made these rules, we should
> > live by them, and by nothing else.
> > What to do?
> >
>==> Harald, we are far away from the freespeach, it is not the issue.
>     Did we get any public messages from that freespeach guys
>     complying about Baptista spoofing ? Did we ever get freespeach girls
>     taking position on pornographic spoofing aimed at women ?
>     Did they ever consider that the world is more than US only ?
>     Do they know what human means ?

Sometimes I wonder.

>    The law "what is not forbidden is autorised" is the utmost
>     offense, as such request has no answer in the human endless
>     imagination.
>     The path of acceptable human relations is narrow, and is somewhat like
>     a human body temperature -- very close to 37 degrees Celsius
>     your life is in danger, but you cannot write the limit.
>     Usually at 38-39 degrees you take an aspirine.

And sometimes, a fever is a necessary precondition to getting rid of the bugs.
Now we wait for the next Baptista move.

                        Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no