[ga-abuse]

RE: [ga-abuse] Baptista treatens

At 11:24 11.02.00 +0100, R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

>You had a great idea in applying a voluntary principle in monitoring the
>IETF list.
>We discussed this before - questions of principle aside, it may be the way
>to go.

but in the IETF list case, it was not sufficient.
A month or two after I created that list, Fred Baker took the bull by the
horns and banned someone from the IETF list (for a limited period).
We now have rules about who can do this, when, and why.

>Also, I personally feel that the archives should be integral and public,
>after verification of liability. If liability exists in France, let's pick a
>Website somewhere else, where we don't have legal problems.

Elizabeth - how much do we know of the legal situation?

>The lack of evidence that we can use in the debate is hurting us more than
>the "hiding" of the offensive postings will help us.
>The people that are leaving in the last days did *never* see the offensive
>postings, because they apply personalized filters since the beginning. I am
>sure that even people that chose to subscribe to -full, like Michael, are
>applying a filter on their Inbox right now.

Very probable (and highly ironic).

                 Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no