Re: [discuss] Unofficial minutes June 11 1999 Names Council Meeting

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 01:17:59PM -0400, A.M. Rutkowski wrote:
> At 12:23 PM 6/29/99 , Javier wrote:
> >We have tried to be very clear about the fact that no actions, decisions or
> >working groups of the provisional Names Council are related to issues
> >dealing with ccTLD.
>
> 1. How was this decision reached?

Hmm.  Javier said "fact".  Not "decision".  Something that *is*, not
something that was decided.

> 2. How does it comport with the stricture
>     against application of "...standards,
>     policies, procedures or practices inequitably"
>     under Art IV, Sec 1(c) of the Bylaws?

It has nothing to do with it.

> 3. Have you adopted an associated finding with
>     respect to equitability of discriminating
>     between gTLDs and ccTLDs?

No findings whatsoever have been adopted.

> 4. Are your deliberations going to affect all
>     gTLDs, including GOV, MIL, EDU, ARPA, INT ?
>     "Other" TLDs such as AC, GG, IM, JE, UK ?

None of these are gTLDs, according to the commonly accepted
definitions of "gTLD".