Sent: 07 June 2002 16:43
Subject: [council] Draft NC reply to the ICANN evolution committee v1

Please find attached a proposed reply to the questions asked in the latest paper from the ICANN evolution committee.

The answers are based on v12 of the adopted NC recommendations plus discussions on recent NC calls and papers from NC members. Please restrict comments to points of substance rather then expanding a perspective held by your constituency. We will be more persuasive if we stick to the point and provide short documents.  Paragraphs which follow a number such as (r12) are adopted NC recommendations. These will not be changing.

Please let me have your comments or words of support not later than 12.00 UTC/GMT Thursday 13 June. At that time I may do a second draft for adoption on the June 17 NC call.

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair

NC reply evolution comm v2.doc