[council]

Re: [nc-udrp] Re: [council] Re: UDRP Review Questionnaire.DOC

In the interest of offering constructive comment, I echo Milton's words and
suggest a model: the format often used by the US Department of Commerce when
they put out a Request for Comment.  It works (or at least we have to assume it
works since that was part of the process ICANN was born).  Pretty well
everything gets automated except for the part where we come in (reading the
stuff!).
For those not familiar with US govt process,
* text (in this case our questionnaire)  gets published on a website, with
downloadable copies available in some cases
* a mail address is specificed for people to send their comments to
* comments are accepted in text, .doc and sometimes other formats.
* comments received  are automatically stripped of mail headers and posted to a
website for all to see
* comment pages are separated by day, for convenience in navigation
* when the comment period closes, they simply shut off the mail-to address and
put up a message on the website that the comment period is closed.

This gets to everyoe who has web browser access. For those with only e-mail, we
can only hope that word-of-mouth gets to them somehow. I would hate to send
unsollicited mail out so unless someone has the names of mailing lists we could
pass the questionnaire out to....

--
Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology