[council]

Re: [nc-udrp] Re: [council] Re: UDRP Review Questionnaire.DOC

Dan's proposed method is a good one,
especially if responses number in the
hundreds or thousands.

The only problem with it I see is that the
Commerce Department model is a "Request
for Comments" which allows those who respond
to address whatever points they wish, whereas
some of the language in our document is
based on the assumption that it is a
"questionnaire" that people "fill out."

Some of that language might have to be
modified if we go down that path.

>>> Dan Steinberg <synthesis@videotron.ca> 11/08/01 09:41AM >>>
For those not familiar with US govt process,
* text (in this case our questionnaire)  gets published on a website, with
downloadable copies available in some cases
* a mail address is specificed for people to send their comments to
* comments are accepted in text, .doc and sometimes other formats.
* comments received  are automatically stripped of mail headers and posted to a
website for all to see
* comment pages are separated by day, for convenience in navigation
* when the comment period closes, they simply shut off the mail-to address and
put up a message on the website that the comment period is closed.

This gets to everyoe who has web browser access. For those with only e-mail, we
can only hope that word-of-mouth gets to them somehow. I would hate to send
unsollicited mail out so unless someone has the names of mailing lists we could
pass the questionnaire out to....